CENTER FOR EXPLORATORY & PERCEPTUAL ARTS (CEPA GALLERY) POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Development Director (Full Time)
REPORTS TO: Lawrence Brose, Executive Director
Deadline: February 19, 2020
The Development Director is responsible for managing and successfully implementing a comprehensive development program that includes grant writing and reporting, event planning, annual giving, major gifts, and exhibition and program sponsorship to support CEPA’s ongoing growth.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Development Committee to implement a comprehensive, results-oriented development plan.
- Work with Executive Director and Development Committee to develop strategies and conduct research to identify, prioritize, cultivate, and solicit existing prospects and new donors for individual gifts, corporations, foundations, and sponsorships.
- Plan, prepare, and submit grant proposals that maintain and expand the comprehensive grants support that has developed during CEPA’s history.
- Plan and implement the Annual Fund Campaign.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of special fundraising events, with specific attention to engagement of leadership volunteers and increased corporate sponsorships, and take a major role in the Biennial Auction fundraising event. Oversee support staff involvement in special event activities.
- Cultivate and implement effective donor stewardship and recognition programs. Establish development systems and tools for soliciting donors, timely and ‘evergreen’ acknowledgements, and ongoing communication that exceeds donor expectations.
- Develop and manage donor cultivation activities.
- Collaborate with staff to develop effective donor communications tools and to ensure that development efforts and campaigns are fully integrated into CEPA’s publicity.
- Design membership benefits program to increase participation.
Bachelor’s degree required. Three years of Development and grants management experience with demonstrated success in establishing and meeting development goals. Expertise in Raiser’s Edge Fundraising and Donor Management software. Must be organized, efficient, able to meet ambitious fundraising goals, and flexible in a creative, lean team-based work environment. Computer skills should include MS Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Internet and Social Media. Marketing and PR experience a plus.
Deadline for Submissions: Wednesday February 19, 2020
Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CEPA Gallery, 617 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203