Photo by Holly Mosher, 2017 contestant
YOU ARE INVITED TO ENTER THE 4TH ANNUAL RICHARDSON OLMSTED CAMPUS PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST!
Presented by CEPA Gallery and the Richardson Olmsted Campus, this year’s title is; Extraordinary Views: 365 x 24, Inside and Out
Unique images of the Richardson are sought capturing original spaces, new features, exteriors and gardens.
• Limited to one photograph per person
• Submission period: October 1 through October 31, 2018 to Richardsoncontest@cepagallery.org
• Additional details will be posted on CEPA and Richardson websites in Summer 2018
Photographs may have been taken at any time of the Richardson Olmsted Campus.
Who May Enter:
Any photographer may participate in this contest. Volunteer Richardson Olmsted Campus docents who were not part of the planning of this contest are eligible to enter.
How it Works:
• Photographers may submit one photograph taken of the Richardson Olmsted Campus.
• Approximately fifty photographs will be selected for exhibition in Extraordinary Views: 365 x 24, Inside and Out.
• CEPA Gallery will print and mount the fifty selected photographs on foam core.
• Three awards will be given for the show: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.
• CEPA Gallery will host a public opening reception for the exhibition date and location to be determined.
• Photographers will receive the prints (unframed, mounted on foam core) at the close of the exhibition.
Guidelines for Submission:
• File must be approximately 9 x 13 at 240 DPI or larger.
• Provide a title and indicate if image is portrait or landscape.
• Be sure to include your name, mailing address, telephone number with your e-mail submission.
• By submitting your photo, you agree to allow CEPA Gallery (CEPA) and the Richardson Olmsted Campus to use your image for marketing and promotional purposes for this contest and exhibition.
• Between October 1-31, 2018, e-mail your images to: RichardsonContest@cepagallery.org
• For more information, please e-mail RichardsonContest@cepagallery.org
Is there any cost to participate in the contest?
Is there a preference of subject matter?
No. Your photo may be of any aspect of the Richardson Olmsted Campus site (interior or exterior).
Are there any limits in terms of postproduction edits?
No. If you choose to use special edits, or turn your photographs to monochrome, that is up to you.
Will there be awards?
There will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for the show overall, as well as honorable mentions.
How will I find out the details of the opening reception for the show? Do I need to RSVP to the opening reception? Can I bring additional guests?
All photographers who participate in the contest will receive timely details about the reception. There will also be publicity of it in local publications. There is no need to RSVP. Bring your guests!
If my photograph is printed, what arrangements do I need to make to pick up my photograph at the end of the show?
Following the close of the show, artwork may be picked up during CEPA’s regular business hours, (9:00—5:00, Monday—Friday, 12:00—4:00, Saturdays). To make special arrangements, call 716-856-2717. CEPA is located at 617 Main Street, Suite 201, Buffalo, NY 14203.
I live out of town. Is there any way to arrange for my printed and mounted photograph to be mailed to me at the end of the show?
For an additional shipping cost, your photograph can be mailed to you. Please call 716-856-2717 to arrange for payment.
If I wish to do so, can I purchase additional prints of my photograph?
Yes! Advance notice is needed for additional prints @ $20 per print plus shipping (if applicable).